I’m the kind of girl who puts a sweatshirt on when the temperature dips below 70*F. I’ve lived in So Cal almost my whole life (exceptions: Davis, Northern California; Dunedin, New Zealand). Now I’m moving “UP NORTH” with my cheesehead husband and our easily-overheated bulldog. Part of me is
pani…anxious about the transition but the other part of me remembers how much I’ve enjoyed visiting so many states and countries. This is just another adventure! … A big one…
What You’ll Find in this Blog
This move is probably one of the greatest leaps I’ve ever made in my life. There are a few decisions and events that come close: tearing my knee in gymnastics and the recovery thereafter, publishing my book on energy drinks, signing up for a bodybuilding competition, getting married… But with all those decisions, the process was gradual. There was a build-up to the big event or decision.
There was a grand total of 25 days between THE DECISION to move to Wisconsin and THE ACCEPTANCE on an offer to buy a house in Pewaukee, Wisconsin.
I want to use this blog to capture 3 things:
- TIPS and WATCH-OUTS for anyone considering or going through a similar move and the ensuing adjustment in a whole-new area
- Activities and adventures, including but not limited to:
- Sights en route from So Cal to Wisco,
- Exploring the lakes, trails, and festivals in the great state of Wisconsin
- Taking up a winter sport so I force myself to get outside
- And more…
- How to adjust to a new puppy vet, new gym, new grocery store, new dentist, etc, etc,
- How the scenery changes (Leaves don’t fall off the trees where I grew up!!!)
- How my mentality changes (How will this move affect my perspective on traffic, “space”, sports, beer, etc?)
I hope you enjoy this blog as much as I enjoy writing it!